Wednesday 18 April 2012

Week 11 | 26.3 - 1.4

Mon - Rest
Legs very tired after the long run.

Tue - 5.02km ; 31:19 ; 6:15min/k
I tried to inject some speed but the legs just wouldn't move. It was impossible to speed up, even moderate pace felt way too fast.

Wed - Rest
Decided to give me legs extended rest before any other runs.

Thu - Rest
Didn't want to do anything to let the knees rest.

Fri - Rest

Sat  - 12.43k ; 1:17:14 ; 6:13min/k + biking cca 20km
I wanted to do a tempo run longer than 10km but not too long.
It turned out to be very good, I really enjoyed pushing faster than usual and got nicely tired legs.
In the afternoon I rode to BBQ party on the bike, which was also a nice workout.
Really pleased with the day from training perspective.

Sun - Rest
Legs felt tired but not too bad.

Total running distance: 17.45km

Last week of 'real' training, the legs were very tired at the beginning but held up pretty well during the 12k of tempo effort on Saturday. Coupled with the bike ride, it felt like a proper workout day, shame I couldn't have more days like this in the last 10 weeks.
Nevertheless, even a little bit is good and I am hoping the knees will hold up until the race day.
Next week is easy, as I will be in Bratislava for Easter and therefore plan to rest and (of course) do some easy running.

have a good week

No comments: