Friday 20 January 2012

Training plan, goals and a few numbers


At first, let me share some numbers with you :)

Age: 33
Height: 193cm
Weight: 104kg

Goal: Finish!
I hope to finish between 4:30 and 5 hours. Anything faster would be an unexpected bonus.

Training plan:
Below is the Excel Sheet screenshot, based on how I normally run, my work travels and what I have found online.
Highlighted are the important long runs and (of course) the race day.
Monday will be rest day, Tuesday and Wednesday shorter runs in Vienna, Thursday cross trainning when back from Vienna, Friday short run, Saturday long run and Sunday cross training.

All cross training will be biking between 30-60min. I really enjoy biking and have found out that it's the perfect active recovery for me, as well as good training for leg strength.
I bought a new bike so there is no excuse! :)


My current mileage would be around week #3, but my left knee is really giving me trouble so I decided to start building up slowly and am hoping that it will get better before I hit the higher numbers.
It's tricky to say what's wrong, it gets quite tight and sore on the inside tendons at the back of the knee and I am sure sitting in front of computer (with bent knees) isn't helping.
I plan to be icing it at least once a day now and if it doesn't improve within a week, I might have to go to see sport's doc.
Strangely enough, it doesn't really hurt while running, at least at shorter distances.
I will also try to avoid any steep uphills and downhills when running in Vienna as that isn't helping either.
Fingers crossed!

Expect post from me every Sunday about the just finished week, with exact numbers as given by my Garmin.

m

p.s. week #1 is going ok, so far :)


No comments: