Sunday 25 March 2012

Week 9 | 12.3 - 18.3

Mon - Rest
Legs definitely tired.

Tue - Rest
I felt really weak and a lot of people being ill at work, am sure my body was fighting off some virus.
There was no point in doing anything with zero energy levels so I tried to max out on the sleep and hope for improvement.

Wed - Rest
Still useless with no energy.

Thu - Rest
Clearly this was going to be a week of no running, even though I couldn't really afford the luxury.

Fri - Rest
I decided not to do the long run and instead go for a longer biking trip into the nearby hills to get some energy from the nature, as the weather forecast looked promising.
If running felt like boring, tedious, unwanted activity, then I was much better off doing something different.

Sat
Biking -  cca 20km ; avg speed 10km/h
Felt like crap in the morning but went on the bike trip anyway. Took the regional train to the nearby village and went off into the woods for around 10km uphill (and downhill) and about 700m vertical gain. That was a hell of a workout, I have to admit, but definitely worth it! My bike isn't really trail compatible but it was ok. Took one gel midway and tried to drink as much as I could. It was quite chilly on the wind swept summit so I didn't linger, but at least snapped a picture.


Very hazy so no views to speak of. The downhill was a lot of (shaking) fun, took me 30 minutes instead of more than one hour uphill. All in all, glorious day outside, hard workout for legs and butt, will definitely do it again.

Sun - Rest
Legs definitely tired, and I was glad for that, as I worked the muscles in different way.


Total running distance: 0 km

Very bad week. Yet again, I seem to be getting progressively worse instead of better. No idea what am I doing wrong but shall stick to the routine and try to remain positive, even if it's very hard to stay motivated right now. Going for a half day trip up the hills was a great idea, took my mind of things and I saw some new, unexplored areas. Other than that, knee is still sore, and the race day is nearing closer and closer. Next week will be the last 'monster' 30k long run, which should be the final test. We shall see.


have a good week


No comments: